I’ve started on building my Russians for the Eastern Front.
My first crack at a T-34.
What I did:
– base coat of Russian Green/Black
– ‘Zenithal’ spray of Russian green to provide contrast with running gear (a first – thanks Fred)
– Panel highlighting with mis ox Russian Green/Desert Yellow (another first – quite pleased with result but needs more practice with airbrush)
– Tracks done with German grey and light Oily Steel drybrush
– Decals on and more gloss (turret number should probably be more to the front)
– Burnt umber wash (still not convinced by this). Can’t find my darned MiG dark green filter…
– Chipping – I knew as I was doing this I’d screwed it up, and photos show this. Needs more practice.
– Matt varnish
– MiG light rust and european earth pigments washed on with water and then fixed.
Crew and basing to follow.