WIP – T34s

I’ve started on building my Russians for the Eastern Front.

My first crack at a T-34.

4-P1000383

2-P1000381

1-P1000380

What I did:

– base coat of Russian Green/Black
– ‘Zenithal’ spray of Russian green to provide contrast with running gear (a first – thanks Fred)
– Panel highlighting with mis ox Russian Green/Desert Yellow (another first – quite pleased with result but needs more practice with airbrush)
– Tracks done with German grey and light Oily Steel drybrush
– Glossed
– Decals on and more gloss (turret number should probably be more to the front)
– Burnt umber wash (still not convinced by this). Can’t find my darned MiG dark green filter…
– Chipping – I knew as I was doing this I’d screwed it up, and photos show this. Needs more practice.
– Matt varnish
– MiG light rust and european earth pigments washed on with water and then fixed.

Crew and basing to follow. 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s